This 90-minute briefing fulfils your responsibility to provide staff training on how to keep pupils safe online as part of your overarching safeguarding approach.
It reflects Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, and covers:
- What online safety is - the 4 main areas of risk
- Staff responsibilities
- Apps to look out for, and the main risks they pose
- How to respond to an online safety incident 'in the moment'
This is an alternative to our online safety elearning course. Deliver this briefing to staff in school.
How to prepare for this course
- Download the PowerPoint presentation, facilitator notes, group activity pack, staff factsheet and quiz
- Work through the facilitator notes first. They tell you everything you need to know to prepare and deliver the PowerPoint presentation effectively. You’ll need these to hand when presenting, so print them out or have them open on a separate device so you can refer to them easily while presenting your main screen