Use this scenario with your staff to test their:
- Understanding of how to handle a safeguarding situation
- Knowledge of your procedures
- 2 scenarios within each document - one for primary schools and one for secondary schools. Delete the scenario that doesn't apply to your phase
- 2 versions of each document - one with prompts for how staff should respond, and one without
If you send the scenario to staff by email, make sure you:
- Use the version without the answers
- Change the file name so staff don't guess the answers after seeing what safeguarding issue the scenario is about
If you use the scenario at a staff briefing, make sure you give staff the version without the highlighted answer text.
Want to give staff more information on children with a family member in prison? Share our factsheet with them.