Want to see more?
To access this content in full, please log in or sign up for a free trial of The Key
Start free trial Log in
The Key gives school leaders access to:
- 3,500+ online articles, with information and resources on all aspects of school leadership
- 1,000+ examples of policies from schools and other organisations
- Downloadable template forms and reports,
- Our unlimited 'Ask the expert' service
- Help with preparing for Ofsted inspections
- A weekly News Briefing
Do your staff know how to deal with incidents of sexual harassment and violence between children? In this session, participants will:
- Be exposed to facts and statistics about peer-on-peer sexual abuse
- Look at the definitions of sexual harassment, violence and consent
- Explore new government guidance
- Learn how to respond to disclosures
- Engage with scenarios and case studies
This briefing is suitable for all staff in secondary schools. It is designed to last 25 minutes, but can be tailored to suit your timings and the needs of your staff. To shorten the session, you may want to consider removing the scenario activity (see the notes below slide 10).
It is strongly recommended that the school’s designated safeguarding lead delivers this briefing.