This briefing provides an opportunity to raise awareness about female genital mutilation (FGM), its signs and symptoms and the correct reporting procedures to ensure staff are well-equipped to safeguard pupils in your school.
- Raise awareness about FGM
- Check staff understand the legal implications of FGM
- Ensure staff know how to report concerns and respond to incidents
More on FGM
- The definition of FGM
- Signs of FGM
- What to do if you have a concern
- Next steps
- You will also find a series of reflection and discussion questions for staff
You are logged out of Safeguarding Training Centre
We know that managing safeguarding training is one of the most important aspects of running a school.
Our training centre will help you ensure your staff are compliant and can confidently deal with safeguarding issues, and that your pupils are kept safe.
Safeguarding Training Centre is currently free for members of The Key for School Leaders.