Safeguarding and child protection: the essentials 2020/21
This course is fully up to date and compliant with all relevant statutory documents for the 2020/21 school year.
Course length75 minutes
Suitable forAll staff, including volunteers and contractors, at all state and independent schools
Meet your responsibilities to provide safeguarding training at induction and then ‘regularly’ with this course. It’s fully in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) 2020 and covers the critical information staff need to know from KCSIE part one, on:
• What safeguarding is and why it's so important
• How to recognise the main types of abuse
• Specific safeguarding issues, including child criminal exploitation, child sexual exploitation, mental health and domestic abuse
• How to act on concerns about a child
• How to respond to disclosures
Use this elearning instead of running face-to-face training for new starters repeatedly throughout the year, or as a time-saving alternative to our full safeguarding INSET pack.
In the autumn term, we recommend using our face-to-face training session on reintegrating pupils to school as well.
All users must pass The Key’s safeguarding assessment at the end, so you can track completion and be confident in your team’s knowledge.
What’s new for 2020?
• Updates to reflect the latest changes to KCSIE for 2020/21
• New immersive scenarios and videos to keep the course engaging for staff who’ve done it before
• New information on safeguarding issues that are relevant now
• Updated assessment with new questions, to keep it fresh and up to date
• Better accessibility. You can now zoom in on the course, making it easier for staff with visual impairments to use