Safeguarding and child protection: the essentials 2021/22
This course is fully up to date and compliant with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021.
Course length90 minutes
Suitable forAll staff in state and independent schools, including volunteers and contractors
Use this elearning instead of running face-to-face training for new starters repeatedly throughout the year, or as a time-saving alternative to our full safeguarding INSET pack.
It covers the critical information staff need to know from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) 2021, part 1, on:
- What safeguarding is, why it's so important, and what's expected of staff
- The 4 main types of abuse and how to spot the signs
- Specific safeguarding issues, and how to recognise signs of them
- How to act on concerns about a child
- What to do if a child makes a disclosure
- How to report a safeguarding concern, incident or disclosure
Your staff must pass our assessment at the end, so you can track completion and be confident in your team’s knowledge. The assessment tests understanding of the critical information from KCSIE 2021, part 1.
What’s new for 2021?
- Updates to reflect the latest changes to KCSIE for 2021/22
- New scenarios to put learning into practice and keep the course engaging for staff who’ve done it before
- Updated assessment with new questions, to keep it fresh and up to date
- Key takeaway slides, summarising what staff have learnt in each chapter
- Fresh design and copy throughout the course, to deliver the information in new and engaging ways