Do your staff know how to deal with incidents of sexual harassment and violence between children? In this session, participants will:
- Be exposed to facts and statistics about peer-on-peer sexual abuse
- Look at the definitions of sexual harassment, violence and consent
- Explore new government guidance
- Learn how to respond to disclosures
- Engage with scenarios and case studies
This briefing is suitable for all staff in secondary schools. It is designed to last 25 minutes, but can be tailored to suit your timings and the needs of your staff. To shorten the session, you may want to consider removing the scenario activity (see the notes below slide 10).
It is strongly recommended that the school’s designated safeguarding lead delivers this briefing.