Mental health disorders are emotional and behavioural problems that are “outside the normal range” for a child or young person’s age or gender. To be considered a mental health disorder, the problem will be particularly severe or persistent over time, or the child will experience multiple problems at the same time.
Examples of mental health disorders include emotional disorders, conduct disorders, and developmental disorders.
Want to see more?
- 3,500+ online articles, with information and resources on all aspects of school leadership
- 1,000+ examples of policies from schools and other organisations
- Downloadable template forms and reports,
- Our unlimited 'Ask the expert' service
- Help with preparing for Ofsted inspections
- A weekly News Briefing