Bullying is “behaviour by an individual or group, repeated over time, that intentionally hurts another individual or group either physically or emotionally”.
It can include cyberbullying (via text messages, social media or gaming) and can be motivated by prejudice against particular groups. Bullying can severely impact pupils and have serious consequences for their mental health. It can also create barriers to learning.
Every school must have measures in place to prevent all forms of bullying, including cyberbullying.
Want to see more?
- 3,500+ online articles, with information and resources on all aspects of school leadership
- 1,000+ examples of policies from schools and other organisations
- Downloadable template forms and reports,
- Our unlimited 'Ask the expert' service
- Help with preparing for Ofsted inspections
- A weekly News Briefing