Each school must have a designated safeguarding lead (DSL) who takes lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection. They should be given training to provide advice and support to other staff on child welfare and protection matters. Schools can choose to have one or more deputy DSL(s); however, any deputies should be trained to the same standard as the DSL.
Want to see more?
To access this content in full, please log in or sign up for a free trial of The Key
- 3,500+ online articles, with information and resources on all aspects of school leadership
- 1,000+ examples of policies from schools and other organisations
- Downloadable template forms and reports,
- Our unlimited 'Ask the expert' service
- Help with preparing for Ofsted inspections
- A weekly News Briefing