This factsheet covers 5 popular apps and games and what staff should listen out for when pupils are talking about them.
Want to make it more interactive?
You can use the activity:
- Split staff into groups. We recommend 2 to 4 people per group
- Give each group a copy of the activity document
- Assign an app or game to each group
- Give them 5 minutes to discuss what they know about the app or game, and potential risks to be alert to
- Bring the groups back together and for each app or game, ask 1 group to share what they discussed
- Then share the factsheet with staff
- Highlight that a key point is to always be alert to changes in a child, and report any concerns they have, no matter how small
Or, take a look at our safeguarding scenario on cyber-bullying, if you want to get staff to put their training into practice and test whether they recognise a potential safeguarding issue relating to online safety.