In this 25 to 35 minute session, you'll:
- Remind staff of the changes to Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) part 1 from September 2023
- Stress to staff the signs of abuse they should always be on the lookout for
- Highlight that a child may not always have the language or understanding to clearly explain that they are being abused – and what to be mindful of in these cases
- (Optional) Cover online safety issues such as radicalisation and online grooming
- (Optional) Cover the Online Safety Act 2023 and what it means for your school
Note: the full 35 minute briefing is slightly longer than our other termly briefings due to the additional information on the Online Safety Act, but see the facilitator notes for how you can cut this down if you need to.