View the online calendar in a web browser here. You can then bookmark it for easy access. We've put recommendations for what to do at the beginning of each week, for you to then fit into your schedule.
Plus, download the Word doc version and populate it with your training plans for the year ahead.
As well as viewing the online calendar in your internet browser, you can also subscribe to it using Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar and certain mobile devices. Below you'll find the steps to follow when subscribing to the calendar in different types of applications.
Please note that we can't guarantee these steps will work for every computer and mobile phone.
If you're unable to subscribe to the calendar with your device or software, consult the product's guidance or contact the provider to ask for information on subscribing to an internet calendar.
To subscribe to the calendar in Microsoft Outlook:
1. At the bottom of the page, select the calendar icon
2. Select 'Add calendar'
3. Select 'Subscribe from web'
4. Copy the URL from this link (right-click on the link, and click on 'Copy link address') and enter it in Outlook
5. Select 'Import'
6. The calendar will now appear beneath the heading 'Other calendars' in the calendars tab of your Outlook. The calendar will be updated each time you reopen Outlook, and will synchronise with any updates we have made to the calendar. There's no need to repeat these steps again.
To sync the KeyCal to your Google Calendar:
1. Log in to Google Calendar (you will need a Google account)
2. Go to the ‘Other calendars’ section on the left-hand side of the page and click the '+' to make a drop-down list appear
3. Select ‘From URL’
4. Copy the URL from this link (right-click on the link, and click on 'Copy link address'), and paste it into the URL box
5. Select 'Add calendar'
The calendar will then appear in the calendar list on the left-hand side of the window, below 'Other calendars'. Your calendar will be automatically updated when events are added to the safeguarding training calendar.
To see the KeyCal on your Android device, follow the steps outlined above for viewing the calendar in Google Calendar, using the Google account associated with your Android device.
If you don't have Google Calendar installed on your Android device, you'll need to download the app. Once you've done this, it'll automatically display the calendars which are available to your Google account.
The steps below relate to an iPhone.
To subscribe to the KeyCal on your Apple iPhone, iPad or computer, follow these steps:
1. Copy the URL from this link on your iPhone or iPad:
2. Go to ‘Settings’ and select 'calendar'
3. Select ‘Accounts’, then 'Add account'
4. In the list of providers, select ‘Other’
5. Tap ‘Add Subscribed Calendar’
6. On the subscription page enter the iCal link copied from above
The safeguarding training calendar will now appear in your personal calendar. Your calendar will be automatically updated when events are added to it.