Filtering and monitoring: staff factsheet
Use this factsheet to make sure your staff are clear on:
- What filtering and monitoring is
- How filtering and monitoring is carried out in your school
- Their responsibilities when it comes to filtering and monitoring
- Who to speak to about any IT and/or safeguarding concerns
You could either use it as a basis for talking about the issue at a staff meeting, or send it around for staff to read themselves.
Want to make it more interactive? Use these questions to start a discussion at a staff meeting:
- What is the difference between filtering and monitoring online activity?
- What kinds of content should we be filtering in school? Are there any occasions where we might not want to block content?
- We can't always rely on the software to block inappropriate content. How can we all play a part in monitoring online activity?