Share this factsheet with your staff to make sure they know:
- How children might interact with the court system
- How this might affect a child
- What signs to look out for that could suggest a child is being affected
- What staff should do if they have concerns
You could either use it as a basis for talking about the issue at a staff meeting, or send it around for staff to read themselves.
Want to make it more interactive?
If you want to have more of a discussion about the issue at a staff meeting, try these questions:
- What warning signs that a child isn’t coping would you look out for?
- How might this affect a child's learning?
- As a school, how can we make sure we’re aware of and supporting children who have been victims of, or witness to, crimes – while maintaining confidentiality where needed?