DSL refresher training
Use this elearning to refresh DSL training for you and your DSL team.
Course length2 hours 30 minutes
Suitable forDSLs and deputy DSLs
In 2 hours 30 minutes, this course covers all the core aspects of the designated safeguarding lead (DSL) role, as defined in statutory guidance. You'll update your knowledge of the latest requirements and best practice in safeguarding children and draw on the experience of other DSLs and safeguarding experts to develop your practice.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand best practice across all your key DSL duties, as set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Be clear on the law and latest statutory guidance on safeguarding and child protection
- Know how to recognise different types of abuse and respond to a concern or incident
- Be confident in 'making the call' on whether to refer and how to make that decision
- Know how and when to share data appropriately, and how to use it proactivey to safeguard children
- Understand the different challenges when safeguarding children with SEND and have strategies to help you support their specific needs
- Feel equipped to work proactively with other agencies, and be ready to contribute confidently to case conferences
At the end, you'll complete 2 in-depth, real-world scenarios, to put your learning into practice.